Friday, September 23, 2011

Vogue's Fashion Night Out feat. Royksopp

A week or two ago, I attended the Vogue Fashion Night Out event in Downtown Milano. I love any excuse to put on a sports jacket and pretend like I'm semi-wealthy, even fooling the occasional partygoer into thinking I'm from some sort of exotic dynasty. You know, like the Kardashians (kidding, obviously). The event was held in stores and boutiques all over Milan and was meant to celebrate the upcoming Fashion Week, which is actually going on right now (spoiler alert: a future post will see me and my girl Isabela actually attending an extremely exclusive real-life fashion show). Anyway, there were free drinks and more beautiful people and outfits than I had ever seen before, so naturally I was attracted to the event like Liza to Xanax. There was even a surprise ending!

Isabela and I ready to impress the locals.


Inside one of the parties, Annika on the left.


Don't ask me how, but we were somehow able to get into a pretty exclusive party at a fashion designer's store called Patrizia Pepe. That black man (the only one, towards the center) is the bouncer letting some people in, others not, like it's Studio 54. Incredibly chic, and even more crowded (being a 21-time Mardi Gras attendee, this didn't bother me at all, obviously).


Oh, and the DJ's for the event? ROYKSOPP!!!!!!! Yes, this is the thrill of the evening and the "surprise ending". We heard a little earlier in the night that they were DJing at this party and when we got to Patrizia Pepe, we pushed our asses to the front of the crowd and demanded to be seen by the spinning duo. Being a fairly big fan of Royksopp, and LOVING the song Poor Leno, introduced to me by none other than Anushi Patel (she's going to be so jealous when she reads this), I was amazed by how close we got. I actually took this picture! We were literally setting our drinks down on the DJ booth!


Well, it was a fantastic night, the kind Milan has been known to serve me since my arrival. I suggest you do a little research into Royksopp if you don't know them already, they're pretty great, totally my kind of music. And even though they didn't play Poor Leno, and I couldn't remember the name of the song at the time to request it, I was thinking of you Anushi!

I'm off to Venice in a couple of hours to get some much-needed James Time for the weekend. Yep, going alone (of course I would, to one of the most romantic cities in the world). Oh well, I'm sure I'll meet someone and if I don't, I don't mind. I've had so much fun already on this trip meeting myself.

Ciao
Jai'me

No comments:

Post a Comment