Monday, October 24, 2011

Back...With a Vengeance!

I know it's been a while (okay, a couple of weeks) since I've posted anything. In reality, a lot has happened since my trip to Venice, including a 3-day stint in an Italian hospital with a 104-degree fever and a diagnosis of tonsillitis. I have learned a lot, including an entire vocabulary of health-related Italian, and that a couple of my roommates are, frankly, assholes. But what can you expect? There have been good times, too. Lots of ups and downs, especially in the romantic sector, and traveling just keeps getting better.

Speaking of which, I present you with photos from a recent day trip my friend Kristina and I took to Lago Maggiore, a lake just about an hour away from Milano, and Isola Bella, an island in the middle of the lake that was once home to a royal family's summer home and now boasts white peacocks, goregous palazzos, and amazingly authentic restaurants. I highly recommend.
My wardrobe, along with my horizons, is expanding, and you can get a glimpse of my new babies - my Liberty of London scarf from 10 Corso Como, the original concept store, right here in Milan, and my Desigual jacket, which can be seen in my new blog header, which itself is inspired by Beyonce's new music video for the soon-t0-be-classic Countdown.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment