Saturday, October 8, 2011

Venezia, Day 3


Finally, the last installment of my trip to Venice. My train was at 1 so I had a good part of the day to explore some more.

The Rialto fish market during the day (on a Sunday). As you may know, Italy almost shuts down on Sundays, a surviving characteristic of their intense devotion to religion, specifically Catholicism.

I sat on this dock for a good 45 minutes.
You see many forms of aquatic transportation in Venice, and I loved this one.

Anyway, I made my train back to Milano with no problem and was able to bask in the glory of the weekend. I had a great time and met some cool girls at my hostel, who I have hung out with a couple of times in Milano since then. I loved the experience and hope to visit again in the future. Who knows, maybe next time I will be with a boyfriend, even a husband...Crazier things have happened. For now, it was a fantastic experience and one I'll never forget. Now I realize the plus-side of making those damn milkshakes all summer to pay for this trip...I would do it all over again.

Ciao
Jai'me

No comments:

Post a Comment